The hammock is a decoration product that can be used frequently both in interior decoration and exterior decoration and therefore preferred by those who prefer a cozy lifestyle. It is possible to create areas where you can relax while having a pleasant time in your home or garden by using hammocks. In today’s content, we will talk about some DIY ideas about how to hang a hammock chair. Depending on your area of use of a hammock, which material you may use for hanging may vary. In this context, different DIY ideas can give you inspiration for more aesthetic decoration.
Hanging Hammock Chair From Ceiling
The hammock chairs are usually hung from the ceiling, especially in houses with high ceilings. It is important to have a very solid ceiling structure to do this. This type of hanging hammock chair, which is especially preferred in bedrooms, allows creating a romantic and relaxing environment. In order to achieve such a view, the following steps should be done:
- First of all, you need to determine the exact point where you will hang the hammock chair. For this, you will need a stud finder and pen. After marking the region for various calculations, you will begin to perform the main operation.
- Next, you need to make a hole to experiment with the help of a drill. Make sure that this hole is opened in such a way that you can see the wood. A few inches of holes will suffice.
- Then you need to use bolts. Rope and ceiling will be connected to each other by means of bolts. In this way, the ceiling will be able to carry the rope. For this, it is extremely important to firmly insert the rope into the bolt and position the bolt correctly on the ceiling.
- The S-hook should then be attached to the bolt. One side of the S hook will connect the hammock to the ceiling, and the other will have a hammock. The hammock will be added to this layout after it is placed in this way.
- After the hammock is installed, you need to check the hammock chair stand to see if the chain or rope you are using is securely attached to the ceiling.
Enjoy Hammock Swing in Your Garden or Terrace
Especially in gardens, terraces and balconies, swing chair types are frequently used. Installing such structures is easier than others. Because such structures generally work depending on the ground, not on a ceiling.
- If you bought a chair with its own hanging structure which is in the form of half a month, it means you don’t have much work to do. But you can also hang the swing chair on a tree or a different structure in your garden. In this case, you need to follow the steps below:
- First of all, make sure that the tree branch or other material in your garden is strong enough to hold a hammock chair. Since Hammock swing has a slightly swinging structure, you should pay extra attention to this factor (swinging may destroy the balance of the hammock).
- Then you need to use a hammock ring. This material is a material made of quality metal, resistant to weight and round structure. You should place this material considering the center of gravity of the tree or tree branch you will use. Calculating the center of gravity accurately allows even a very high kilogram of material to be carried easily.
- Next, you need to pass a quality rope through this ring. At this point, you can prevent the rope from drawing circular circles in the ring by throwing one or two knots.
- What you will do next is to divide this rope into two separate arms. Each arm will hold a separate edge of the hammock swing.
- You have to make each edge of the Hammock swing into a corner with the same rope knots and combine it with the ropes from above with the help of a thin board.
- You can make a perfect design with two mattresses in the rope you have prepared. In this way, you will have a hammock swing.
How To Hang a Hammock Indoor?
Hanging hammock chair is actually an easy application. It is important at this point that the materials you will use are robust, the space you allocate is large enough, and your accessories look elegant enough. With detailed workmanship and measurement, you can complete a perfect installment process. It is generally recommended to use hammock swing indoors. Because, for example, other armchairs and furniture in the living room and a single hammock swing can create a better general decoration combination. It is also important to make sure that your ceiling is high enough if you are thinking about using Hammock.
How to Hang a Hammock Chair from a Tree?
As described in the above application, if you are going to hang a hammock stand on a tree, you must make sure that the tree can bear this product. Generally, hammock swing is preferred in outdoor areas. You can also choose to swing.
How to Hang Hammock Chairs on a Porch?
Basically, determine the location using the stud finder first. Then, drill using a drill until it reaches the wood. Connect the prepared boards with the help of a hammock ring and various ropes. Do not forget to decorate your hammock with colorful items to create an aesthetic appearance on its terrace.
Hammock Swing or Hammock Chair?
Do you want to use your hammock like a swing or do you imagine it as a structure where you will sleep or lay down for a long time? This distinction is very important. Hammock swings usually consist of one or two people, narrower structures. These structures are generally used in the living room or indoor areas. Hammock swings are generally used by users in their gardens, terraces or bedrooms.